Goals from Previous Years
Continue implementation of goals from previous years:
- Goal 1 (2019): Expand historical information about the former Hakalau Plantation using newspaper sources. The approach is to tackle one decade at a time and within a decade, one year at a time. Not only is this an ongoing process, but it is iterative as well.
- Goal 2: (2019): Track and explain the sale of lands to sugar interests after the Great Māhele and the Reciprocity Treaty of 1875. Ongoing.
- Goal 3 (2019): Quantify and describe the demographic changes over time in the Hakalau Kuleana, the area within the boundaries of the former Hakalau Plantation from the Kolekole River in Wailea to the Poupou Stream in Ninole (at the 20 Mile Marker).
- Goal 4 (2020): Redesign so users have the option to view pictures in full size. Note: 2021 reorganization launched in February 2021 addresses this, but additional steps need to be taken.
- Goal 5 (2020): Add more downloading options. Ongoing.